Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cinquain Poems

Cinquain poems are simply five lines of words with syllables that are written in this order: two syllables, then four, six, eight, and then two again. The last line of the poem is usually a similar word to the first line of the poem (two syllables), but is not required. Cinquain poems are fun to write and can be written by anyone. We hope you enjoy these poems written by Claire and Valerie.


Braces.
I want them off!
I don’t like my braces.
But they make my teeth very straight.
Oh well.


Disney.
It is so cool!
Lots of people go there.
But wear walking shoes at Disney.
Mickey.


Patience.
I don’t have it.
I need more of it now.
But I will have to wait for it.
Bummer.


Soda.
It is bubbly.
I like it with ice cubes.
But soda is not good for you.
Fizzy.

Cell phones.
We like cell phones.
We tap on our cell phones.
We get distracted by cell phones.
Texting.

My mom.
My mom is great!
She is an awesome mom.
She likes to make poems with me.
Mommy.

Cookies.
They are chewy.
I really like cookies.
Peanut butter is the best kind!
Dessert.


Thank you for reading the poems!

2 comments:

  1. I like your simple cinquain poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one about patience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I appreciate your comments and feedback.

- Claire